Nov 28 | Family Day Care Coordinator | Acacia Ridge
The YMCA is one of Brisbane's most recognisable customer-focused community organisations.
The YMCA operates a number of services including Child Care, health and fitness, education and training, outdoor education and camping, accommodation and hospitality along with benevolent activities including the YMCA Vocational School and the Schools' Breakfast program.
Family Day Care services select and support quality child care educators to provide high quality child care in their own homes for other people's children to provide flexible day care options to our customers.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and professional Family Day Care Coordinator, within our team at Acacia Ridge. As we continue to deliver quality, innovative and inclusive services, we would love it if you can join in our journey at developing strong working relationships with Educators and Families.
The Coordinator of the Brisbane Home Based Childcare service is responsible for supporting the delivery of high quality education and care provided by Educators in the approved care environment across the South West Brisbane to Ipswich/Logan corridors.
This position supports management in all aspects of day to day operations including compliance with the requirements of the applicable Laws and Regulations and National Quality Framework (NQF) Standards. Supporting the training and development of a qualified, competent and capable workforce is fundamental to the role. The successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring policies and procedures are implemented and maintained to meet the needs of stakeholders.
This is a part-time position working 18 hours per week. Frequent travel, using your own vehicle to visit Educators within your service area is a requirement of this role.
To be successful in the role you will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Minimum of a Diploma in Childcare or equivalent qualification and extensive experience in Home Based Care or a related field;
- Ability to manage conflict, complaints, any difficult situations which may arise and communicate effectively with diverse groups;
- Proven ability to work autonomously and as part of a team;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, schedule and perform tasks to meet schedules and quality standards;
- Thorough understanding of National Quality Standards / Education and Care Services National Law and Regulations and Early Learning and Development Frameworks;
- Willingness and availability to work flexible hours as determined by business requirements;
- Current Open Queensland Drivers Licence and a reliable car;
- Current First Aid relevant to Child Care Industry and current Blue Card (or willingness to obtain);
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety issues relevant to work activities and work area;
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is also desirable
If successful, you will be rewarded with excellent working conditions including support from a management team with experience in the field, professional development and a fun and rewarding work environment. You will be reimbursed for work related travel in line with the applicable award conditions. The YMCA also offers a great employee benefits program which includes discounts and free offers to our employees.
Interested? Apply Now!
APPLY TODAY by submitting a cover letter detailing your experience against the selection criteria as stated above and your resume directly via SEEK.
Applications close 15th December 2017
Applicants must be approved to work in Australia and willing to apply for a Blue Card.
The YMCA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to safeguarding children and young people.