Nov 29 | Health and Safety Officer | Brisbane
The YMCA operates a number of services including Child Care, health and fitness, education and training, outdoor education and camping, accommodation and hospitality along with benevolent activities including the YMCA Vocational School and the Schools' Breakfast program.
We now have an opportunity for a qualified or nearly qualified Health and Safety Officer to join our tight-knit team. This role would suit a new graduate (or candidate due to graduate in the near future) who is eager to apply their knowledge and skills.
The primary function of this role is to assist the WHS Manager in providing support and guidance to site managers and the organisation regarding health and safety matters, including the development and implementation of the organisations health and safety management system.
Duties of the position will include but is not limited to:
- Providing support and guidance to Line Managers on health and safety matters including compliance with legislative requirements and organisational policy and procedures;
- Providing suggestions for improvements to existing systems and methods of control;
- Conducting site safety audits, developing corrective action plans and assisting Line Managers to undertake corrective actions;
- Assist in the development and review of risk registers, risk assessments and safe work procedures;
- Assist in the investigation of WHS incidents.
This is a 6 month contract, full-time (working 38 hours per week) position.
The Successful Candidate will possess:
- Relevant qualifications (Diploma/ Graduate Certificate/ Graduate Diploma or relevant Degree in Workplace Health and Safety) or currently studying towards this and near completion;
- Demonstrated working knowledge and understanding of WHS legislation and risk management frameworks;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Self-motivation and the ability to work both as part of a team and autonomously;
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise competing tasks effectively;
- A strong IT skill set with Microsoft Office Suite Products;
- Ability to obtain a Blue Card OR National Police Certificate
- Workplace Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinator
- Fire Safety Advisor
- Food Safety Supervisor
- First Aid and CPR
The successful candidate will be rewarded with excellent working conditions including support from a management team with experience in the field, and a fun and rewarding working environment. The YMCA also offers a wide range of benefits including salary sacrificing options, free health and fitness memberships at one of our three fitness and or aquatic centres, and discounts on several YMCA services including, hotel accommodation, dining and childcare and vacation care.
Interested? Apply Now!
Applications close 8th December 2017
Applicants must be approved to work in Australia and willing to apply for a Blue Card.
The YMCA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to safeguarding children and young people.