Dec 07 | Vocational Training Coordinator | Kingston
The YMCA operates a number of services including Child Care, health and fitness, education and training, outdoor education and camping, accommodation and hospitality along with benevolent activities including the YMCA Vocational School and the Schools' Breakfast program.
The YMCA Vocational School is an accredited Special Assistance School and offers an individualised educational approach to assist disengaged students in having a Real Opportunity to achieve to their full potential through a focus upon well-being, academic and vocational outcomes. We believe all young people have the right to achieve their full potential irrelevant of circumstance.
After successfully establishing school campuses in Logan, North Lakes and Ipswich, the YMCA is now commencing its 5th Campus in Acacia Ridge in January 2018. Commensurate with this growth has been the vocational training outcomes achieved by the School.
To build upon the vocational training success, the YMCA Vocational School is now recruiting for a permanent, full-time (38 hours per week) Vocational Training Coordinator position.
Based at the Clem Jones Campus, 41 Mary Street, Kingston, the role will establish and then coordinate a training, work experience placement and job pathway model that maximises student opportunities and can be easily replicated across each senior secondary campus.
Working as part of the YMCA Vocational School staff team, you will take the lead in coordinating the ongoing development and then delivery of vocational training across each School campus. Key role responsibilities will be to oversee the operation of the YMCA Trade Skills Centre; provide direction of vocational trainers; and establish and maintain relationships with work force stakeholders. The focus is upon maximising hands on learning, scaffolding work force participation and creating real vocational pathways.
The ideal applicant will be looking for a challenge, have a passion for working with young people to support them to be the best person that they can be; a strong interest in the development of the holistic person, a personal interest in health and fitness, spirituality, personal wellbeing and values ongoing professional development.
More specifically you will be able to meet the following key selection criteria:
- Ability to work within the mission and values of the YMCA;
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or similar qualification;
- Significant demonstrated recent experience in working with young people who are at risk;
- Demonstrated ability to oversee the operations of a Trade Skills Centre including coordination of accredited training and all elements of asset management;
- Demonstrated ability in the creation of comprehensive industry-specific programs that provide participants with hands-on experiences and opportunities to link with genuine employment opportunities;
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills with the ability to provide high quality reporting;
- Must hold a current Certificate of Suitability to work with Children and Young People (Blue Card) or the ability to obtain same;
- Must hold a current drivers licence and be willing to travel to the various campuses located across Brisbane (own vehicle will be required).
Your passion for engaging and support young people will be matched by your enthusiasm and drive to provide successful vocational outcomes.
The ideal candidate will be available to commence in the position on 15th January 2018.
More information about the school is available on our website: www.ymcaschool.org
Interested? Apply Now!
Applications close 15th December 2017
For further information about the role, please contact Gary Adsett, Group Manager, Social Impact, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile: 0437 531 627
Applicants must be approved to work in Australia and willing to apply for a Blue Card.
The YMCA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to safeguarding children and young people.