Jan 08 | Store Manager | Upper Mt Gravatt
The YMCA operates a number of services including Child Care, health and fitness, education and training, outdoor education and camping, accommodation and hospitality along with benevolent activities including the YMCA Vocational School and the Schools' Breakfast program.
The YMCA Op Shop is part of our Social Impact strategy to enhance training opportunities for young people and help raise revenue streams for charitable purposes. The YMCA Op Shop also operates to provide a safe and friendly work environment for volunteers and assist the needy.
The YMCA, through its Social Impact arm, is looking for an experienced Store Manager to oversee the daily operations of its Op Shop operations at Upper Mt Gravatt. The goal is to manage our store in ways that support the training of students, meet community needs, meet sales targets and develop the business to satisfy each of the aforementioned goals.
In this role, you will manage a small team of volunteers and students. Your primary responsibilities are to enhance customer satisfaction and meet sales goals as well as contributing to student and volunteer employability by fostering a vocational / volunteer training environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a real difference in the community and continue to grow this YMCA Social Impact venture.
This is a 12 month contract position initially with the opportunity to be extended. This position will work approximately 36 - 38 hours per week and will require some weekend work.
The ideal candidate will be able to meet the following selection criteria:
- Qualifications in retail or business management and proven successful experience as a manager in a retail environment;
- Demonstrated experience in operational, financial, sales, staff and customer relations management;
- Demonstrated ability to motivate others, plan and prioritise workloads and delegate accordingly;
- Vocational Training experience is highly desirable;
- High level of computer literacy in particular competent on Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook applications;
- Possess, or be willing to obtain, a positive notice Blue Card in accordance with the Working with Children (Risk Management and Screening) Act 2000;
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificates or willingness to obtain;
- Willingness to provide current and nil conviction National Police Certificate.
- Experience in the non-profit sector and/or the Op Shop industry would be desirable.
Our wage rates are competitive and commensurate with your qualifications and experience. As a YMCA employee you will have access to numerous benefits including salary sacrificing, professional development, free YMCA gym access and a supportive work environment.
Interested? Apply Now!
Applications close 12th Jan 2018
For further information about the role, please contact Gary Adsett, Group Manager, Social Impact, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile: 0437 531 627
Applicants must be approved to work in Australia and willing to apply for a Blue Card.
The YMCA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to safeguarding children and young people.