Feb 12 | Registered Teachers | Acacia Ridge
The YMCA operates a number of services including Child Care, health and fitness, education and training, outdoor education and camping, accommodation and hospitality along with benevolent activities including the YMCA Vocational School and the Schools' Breakfast program.
After successfully establishing school campuses in Logan, North Lakes and Ipswich, the YMCA has now commenced its 5th Campus in Acacia Ridge in January 2018.
The YMCA Vocational School is now recruiting for permanent, full-time (35 hours per week to be worked during school hours) teacher positions for our Acacia Ridge campus.
The School is a Special Assistance School and offers courses assisting disengaged students in having a Real Opportunity to achieve to their full potential through positive educational studies, activities and outcomes. We believe all young people have the right to achieve their full potential irrelevant of circumstance.
Working as part of the YMCA Vocational School staff team, you will be responsible for developing positive relationships and engaging students from 12-19 years old in a flexible and imaginative curriculum providing a core academic curriculum and pre-vocational subjects. Learning is hands on, delivered at a pace students are able to cope at, with the intention that all students will find personal success.
All teachers are expected to assist in the delivery of pre-vocational training options. The School delivers flexible learning options through its unique Thrive Program and the successful candidate will be required to work within and support this philosophy.
The ideal applicant will be looking for a challenge, have a passion for working with young people, a strong interest in the development of the holistic person, a personal interest in health and fitness, spirituality, personal wellbeing and values ongoing professional development.
More specifically you will be able to meet the following key selection criteria:
- Hold a relevant Bachelor degree and a current Queensland Teacher Registration;
- Be able to demonstrate practical experience teaching and supporting marginalised young people and the development of positive student relationships;
- Demonstrated ability to teach pre-vocational Math and pre-vocational English to years 7 to 12;
- Additional experience/expertise in the delivery of ICT, HPE, Fitness, Creative Arts, Drama and/or Multi Media subjects would be an advantage;
- Work successfully in a small team and within the schools philosophy and ethos;
- Be able to demonstrate the importance of following procedures and ensuring a safe educational environment at all times.
Your passion for engaging and educating young people will be matched by your enthusiasm and drive to provide successful outcomes.
The ideal candidate will be available to commence in the position on 15th January 2018
Interested? Apply Now!