Feb 14 | Youth Program Support Volunteer | Brisbane
The benevolent arm of the YMCA of Brisbane, YMCA Social Impact (legally named Y-Care South East Qld Inc.) exists to serve people in our community who are disadvantaged. The YMCA School-Based Program Support is now recruiting skilled volunteers who have a personal and/ or professional interest in supporting at risk young people experiencing behavioural, social and mental health problems.
Youth Program Support Volunteers are embedded within the life of the YMCA Vocational School. They will provide support and guidance to young people to increase positive behaviour and attitude towards education and work.
The program duration will be for approximately eight (8) months, commencing in March 2018. Program Support Volunteers are required to attend at least one school day per week at one of the five YMCA Vocational School Campuses. The program will run on all of our four campuses, including Kingston, Ipswich, North Lakes and Acacia Ridge.
Location details and program days at each campus will be as follows:
- YMCA Clem Jones Senior Campus located in Kingston, Monday to Friday during school hours
- YMCA Clem Jones Junior Campus located in Kingston, Monday to Friday during school hours
- YMCA Moreton Bay Campus located in North Lakes, Monday to Friday during school hours
- YMCA Ipswich Campus located in Bundamba, Monday to Friday during school hours
- YMCA Acacia Ridge Campus located in Acacia Ridge, Monday to Friday during school hours
To be eligible for this role, volunteers must:
- Attend an interview;
- Possess a current Blue Card or be willing to obtain one;
- Undergo three professional reference checks; and
- Complete mandatory YMCA training and ongoing professional development.
This is a great professional development opportunity whilst also giving back to the community.
Interested? Apply Now!